Sunday, October 31, 2010

Taking A Stand.

This weekend has been incredible. I cannot remember a time where God has touched my heart and opened my mind more than now. I cannot remember a time where I have been pushed more out of my comfort zone for God and ended up feeling so full of joy because of it. I cannot remember ever being filled with such a fervent desire to worship and praise and live completely for my God.

It's been amazing. And through it all, I've realized so many things. I've been passive in my relationship with my Savior, to say the least. No more. I don't want to waste a second. A friend facebooked me and said, "...I feel like I could just go on singing until the end of time..." about her youth retreat awhile back, and I responded with "It's as if I can't find enough words to praise Him by." And it's so true.

I'm completely overwhelmed by my Savior's love. By His Grace. By His mercy. Typing this, I'm starting to cry. There is no way to describe the feeling of being washed by Jesus--washed clean. I know He loves me; I know that He loves me so much, and the enormity of it makes me hurt. Not in a bad way, but in a sense of, "He loves a sinner like me enough to have died for me."

This weekend was about taking a stand. Living boldly for Christ. Listening to and following the promptings of the Holy Spirit. And surrendering everything to Jesus.

And I did. And I'm so glad that I did; life is filled with so much joy right now. I am so ; I'm just soaking his love in like a sponge and feel ready to burst.

With the surrendering, I surrendered my blog as well. And so I'm going to be taking a break from blogging for a bit; a time to refocus and refuel. I'm tired of playing the popularity game; tired of caring about numbers, followers, and commenters. Tired of writing to please someone else, and tired of being afraid to say something about my Jesus that could offend someone.

No more. I want to go stand outside and start singing Our God is Greater as loud as I can. My God is so good, so incredibly, amazingly, awesomely good, and I am so overwhelmed.

I'm writing this and cannot even explain. I'm DONE with fakey--there is no more posts just to post. Intentionality and authenticity; raw and real. That's what I want--that's who I want to be. Not a crowd pleaser or even someone who cares what the crowd things.

I wanna be someone who takes a stand. Every single day. In the smallest or largest ways I can for my God. And I don't care if that makes me uncool, or a loser. Call me a Jesus Freak and I'll be glad. Because honestly, to be called a Jesus freak is to be called that I'm so in love with my Savior. And I am. I'm so completely full of love for him right now. I want to praise Him all day long everyday in everything I do.

I'm sorry for being unreal; for being a crowd-pleaser; for conforming. I'm saying this to all of you, to myself, but especially to my Savior. I'm sorry for not being authentic.

No more. I can't stress it enough. I am done with fakiness. But I'm ready to be a passionate follower and herald of my Lord. Everyday, all day. Forever.

I am ready to take a stand. And I will. I am. Standing tall with my hands in the air and my voice praising my Savior.

My God is so good.

And I was so blessed by being able to do the worship with Alex, Ryan, Jake and Seth this weekend. One of the coolest things about it was how it touched me--even though I was singing. It wasn't about me at all, and I'm so glad. So eternally glad. I feel so grateful and blessed to have been able to have led worship. And that last session that we had? Or catacombs? Those were powerful. When you're worshiping with other believers, there's a hum in the air--an energy. A desire to serve and worship Christ Jesus.

I feel so blessed. Even more so because one of our youth leaders, Jason, and our pastor, Bob, asked Alex, Ryan, Jake, Seth and I to play at church. Throughout the weekend, we led 3-4 songs, but we always played the song, Love is Here. It was the song for the weekend.

So on Sunday, we sang that. And unbeknownst to us, Josh Skogerboe, videotaped it for us. So here's us this morning:


Love Is Here :: 180 Youth Music Team :: Living Hope Church, October 31, 2010 from Joshua Skogerboe on Vimeo.
I'm sorry if this post sounds choppy; I'm operating on about maybe fifteen hours of sleep in the past three days. Also, I've disabled comments on this post. If there's anything you want to talk to me about, you can always email me.

Ending on this final note...Praising Jesus and serving Him today and everyday.

Are you?

No comments :

Post a Comment