Sunday, November 21, 2010

Free to soar.

I'm typing this up with a bit of apprehension. It's been about three weeks since I said that I was taking a break. I've been praying about it quite a bit and feel it's time for me to come back.

During my break, I've noticed some things that are so refreshing -- life is bigger and fuller when I'm not concerned about numbers or followers or comments, or what to post. I feel like a bird that's been trying to fly while carrying bags upon my back and now they've been pulled off and I'm free to soar.

God has really given me a new outlook on life; He's changed my heart and changed me. I've surrendered to Him and in that surrendering there is so much joy. He's lifted so many burdens of my back and held me in His loving arms. I feel so alive lately; so full of His spirit and power. I am surrounded and overwhelmed by His love.

I'm excited to go back to blogging, yet somewhat apprehensive, as I said. I don't want to get pulled back into the popularity game or trapped by an almost addictive spirit of having to post everyday, having to have the best blog, having to be the best. I am made perfect in my weakness; the size of any problem is nothing compared to my God.

With my Savior's help, I hope to start Aspire again -- as a new blog with a new purpose. I want my blog to be celebrating life -- abundant life in Christ. All the little joys that come and go and we can lose in the monotony that can encompass our daily doings. If we seek first to follow Him and surrender to Him, then there are so many gifts that we can find in the present. There are so many things that He can -- and will -- reveal to us.

That doesn't mean that I won't be my same quirky, goofy, and, I'll admit it, dorky self. You can still expect some randomnesss and definitely a little silliness at times! But I don't want to be worried about sharing my faith for fear that I'll lose a follower, and I don't want to post just to post. I want all of my posts to glorify my Savior; silly or serious.

An overwhelming sense of, "How great is my God!" has filled me lately. When I reflect on His mercies and His love, I am filled with awe and love for my Savior. I want my life to be a reflection of Him and that in everything my Jesus would be glorified. My blog and my life is nothing without my Savior. Without Him, I was trapped in the pit, but my Savior grasped my hands and helped me out; he lifted the burdens from my back and helped me to lift off -- to soar.

I am grateful.

So very grateful. And it's all because of my Jesus. My God is so big, and so powerful, and so overwhelmingly good. I am so in love with my Savior. And I want my love to be a verb -- active, present-participle. (if you've read Believing God by Beth Moore, you'll know what I'm talking about.)

Soli Deo Gloria. Blessings on your Sunday, friends.


_______________
Aspire has also been given a new look, along with its new outlook. My design before was influenced by too many other influential bloggers and while I liked it, it wasn't me. This is. I'm excited. Life is sweet. And my God is good. Praising Him today and everyday.

Jesus, I am so in love with you.

No comments :

Post a Comment