Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A fan of Spaghetti.

Yesterday I talked about how God told me to wait for my camera, and how I'm starting to find JOY in the waiting. I talked about how there will always be more memories. And I talked about being grateful for the memories I do have because of the camera I have now.

Today, I'm grateful for this.

samuel
On Sunday, we had our typical Sunday lunch, Spaghetti. Don't confuse typical with boring, bland, or average. Spaghetti at our house is a feast; we fix up the sauce and add our own ingredients, putting in healthy amounts of sausage, olives, spices, and Parmesan, along with numerous other items that vary each time we make the sauce.
spaghettisamuel
Everyone at our house is as my brother Caleb would say, 'A fan of Spaghetti." That's our staple food and we're sure to have it several times a month. But no gets tired of it; that's one of the best parts. Somehow or another, we always have what we need to make it.

And Samuel? He's definitely a fan too.
samuelisafanofspaghetti
He takes after Caleb, who somehow manages to get spaghetti sauce on the back of his head. We still haven't figured that out. And Caleb takes after my sister Chloe who was a messy spaghetti eater as well.

(If you're wondering, I was a neat eater. I should dig out the photos from when I was little and put them up here -- I was completely clean and Chloe was a mess. Of course, I only had the smallest dollop of spaghetti sauce, and her plate was covered in it.)

That's just us.
samuelsamuelsamuel
I'm so glad that I have the photos of Samuel eating his spaghetti -- even if they're blurry. If I had my dslr, I wouldn't have these photos (I maybe wouldn't have even taken any pictures of him eating his lunch) If I didn't have my point and shoot, then I wouldn't have any photos at all.

And for that, I'm grateful.

I'm also grateful that we had spaghetti on Sunday and not today. Cleaning that baby up is a hard task. All of you with little kiddos are sure to relate. And even those without them. I mean, look at that kid! ;-)

You talkin' to me?
youtalkingtome-samuel

No comments :

Post a Comment