Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Grateful

Sometimes I am amazed at the delicacy of some things. Of how fragile they can be. And how the simplest, ordinariest, and humblest of things can be beautiful. Beautiful.

GEDC0869

My tagline is celebrating beauty. living vivid. I think I might have to amend it in order to say what I mean even clearer. Celebrating beauty in the everyday. All the little, humble, ordinary, beautiful things that make up our days. And that we often pass by.

GEDC0867

How much sweeter would our days be if we looked past the sticky fingers and looked instead to the leaf collages? Or if we ignored the mess in the backyard and instead said, "hey, that's a cool fort that you made," to our nine year old sister and her friend?

Or if we simply took the time to sit down with a cup of coffee or chai and just drink it all in--all the beautiful, sweet and good things in this life that we've been given.

GEDC0868

Like water droplets decorating a spiderweb; better than any bedazzled jeans that you could buy or make. It brings a whole new meaning to this verse "Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these." (Luke 12:27)

GEDC0865

What are you grateful for today?
-hannah

ps. have a question? head over to my q & a post and ask me!

No comments :

Post a Comment