Saturday, May 15, 2010

What I see...

We were driving home from ballet and I had brought my camera along. I was just idly snapping pictures as the world blurred around us. Chloe said, "Look at the sky!" so I clicked.

And that's why I'm an artist. Because I see beauty everywhere--beauty that Jesus has blessed us with. I aspire to celebrate that beauty in any way that I, being a sinful, fumbling human being can. Not because I'm special, but because He is.

If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen. 1st Peter 4:11

And as an artist, I need to remember that all the praise and the glory goes to Jesus. If anything I write, or say, or photograph, inspires, encourages, or makes you laugh...it's all Him. I just got to be the vessel used--and that's pretty cool. :-)

Good night, friends of mine; have a lovely tomorrow! Remember to take a moment and enjoy what's around you...and smile a little bit. If you look around, you'll see that we are so incredibly blessed. :-)

No comments :

Post a Comment