Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My summer lists

14 Things to Do This Summer
1. Stretch daily. (or at least try to)
2. Finish up my school before August, so I have a month to enjoy myself.
3. Grill burgers.
4. Jump in the lake with no hesitation.
5. Sketch daily. (really adamant on this one.)
6. Hold a lemonade stand, a bake sale, or something of the sort.
7. Get together with people I love and laugh with them. (okay...kinda cheated with this one, considering it's something I do pretty much everyday.)
8. Plan out my school for next year (this is actually fun for me.)
9. Read my bible every single morning for the whole summer.
10. Let my nails grow out before I rip them off.
11. Go a week drinking only water (and milk.)
12. Use my camera every day, even if I only take one picture.
13. Pray James 1:19 for myself. "Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger;"
14. Spend a day with no media (excepting my camera.)
I've got a lot of things I want to do this summer, and a lot of things I should do. Mixed into that are vacations, ballet, my design business, and all that. There's so much to accomplish and do that it seems like there isn't enough time to adequately complete them all. To the left is a list of my so-called goals for the summer. What I plan to do in order to strengthen myself spiritually, health-wise, mentally, and physically. Some span the whole summer--some only a day. But I'm going to try to do them, and I'll let you know how it works out.

With goals, resolutions and whatnot, they usually aren't accomplished. It seems that with our aspirations, we are content to lay in mediocrity for partially finishing, instead of shining and barreling through the finish line. This time however, I will not settle for less than better. It's a choice to follow past experiences, or to blaze a new trail. And in this instance, I want to achieve what I've set out to do. Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us...(Hebrews 12:1)

I will accomplish these goals...especially with all of you wonderful bloggers who now know of them. That's part of the beauty of blogging--you can uphold me to what I've started out to do. (so far so good with my cake resolution...)


Along with what I want to do, here's another list of what I will do.

This summer, I'm going to...

Run through the sprinkler while holding hands with Brennan and Grace, and jump over it, laughing.

Eat Freezie-Pops and see who "wins" with the most liquid left.

Color maps on the driveway with sidewalk chalk with Brennan.

Cross my fingers and hope that we'll have raspberries to pick from our bushes.

Finish up my school real quick.
Sit on the deck and lounge in the chairs, and enjoy the sun and heat (and humidity).

Take a thousand pictures and then some.

Go swimming and laugh as I break apart the water, making a splash.

Get up early and have some quiet time with my Savior.

Sing loud and long.

Perfect my splits on both sides.

Watch sunrises and sunsets with a bowl of popcorn at my side.

Bike to DQ with some of my friends.

Camp in the backyard with a tent and stay up all night laughing.

Make some orange jello that actually works.

Fall asleep outside in the grass.

Chase Eli around the yard, catch him, and then tickle him.

Watch Sam play in the grass.

Slather on sunscreen so my skin won't burn.

Celebrate my 14th Birthday.

Go shopping for Woodland, making sure to get everyone's cereal.

Mow the lawn without stopping once.

Stop procrastinating and finally start working on my story.

Stuff myself with watermelon.

Praise Jesus.

No comments :

Post a Comment