Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm a sucker for his pleas (or "please" for that matter)...Miscellany Monday!

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
As always, head over and join! Carissa's got a rocking blog! :-)

1. I'm a sucker for my brother, Caleb's, pleas (and his "please"es) for me to read him a story. I'll go and put him to bed with absolutely no intention to read him a book, but somehow...I always end up reading one*. And lately, I've been letting him choose. Yes, he may choose the biggest, thickest, longest book ever, but he really wants it. And he loves it when I say, "Okay, Caleb, we'll read it." (I really should be going, "Okay, Caleb, you win again, with your oh-so-cute-face and pleading smiles." How could I resist?) So if that means reading the big John Deere Lift the Flaps book, then so be it.
*I can safely say it's about 99.9% percent of the time that I read him one.


That little stinker would NOT stay still for even a moment.

2. Speaking of reading, I hate lift-the-flap books. The flaps get stuck, the book gets longer, there's that fear that you missed one...yadda yadda yadda. Can I just get an amen here?

3. For those of you who have been following me for a bit, you'll know that the last time I was going to sing in church, I ended up losing my voice. (see here and here). Well, not this time, baby! My good friend Seth and I sang Take my Life on Sunday, and we had a blast. Soli Deo Gloria!

4. My mom has this old film SLR (was that redundant?) and I've been playing with it. Going around and goofing with the lens (LOVE being able to do it myself) and all that. There's no film OR batteries in it...but it's been kinda fun. Just "practicing," we'll say. I think she's buying some film/batteries soon though, and then I'll be taking pictures and getting them on a CD so I can put them up. But for now, I can be content with my point-and-shoot. It's all good. :-)


5. Okay, are any of you a weird mix of late night, early morning risers? Cuz I stay up late and then get up at 5:50. Yikers. Please tell me that's normal...I can't sleep in for a few reasons. One, I feel like I'm wasting my day, and two, my body has trouble staying asleep after eight. (also, three, I like getting up early so I can check out all of your blogs!)

6. I love this guy and thank Jesus that he's my brother. No more words needed.


Okay, a FEW more words needed. I thank God for ALL of my family! :-)

No comments :

Post a Comment