Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Asking for prayer

My brother, Samuel, has been almost completely diagnosed with Celiac Disease.

He hasn't been feeling great for months, and finally, when he couldn't walk anymore without falling down, was very lethargic, not eating right, and just not himself, my mom took him in. She called the doctor on Sunday, and they ended up going into the hospital Monday morning. They came home Tuesday evening.

However...our whole family (minus my mom, dad, and Samuel) ended up getting sick (as in, vomiting) from Sunday night till Monday night. I won't go into the details, but everyone got sick twice. I couldn't get off of the couch till late, late Monday night. Everyone's feeling a bit better right now, though understandably shaky and slightly dizzy. Samuel is our main concern.

He might be going into the hospital today, and having surgery tomorrow. We're not sure. If you could all keep him in your prayers, that would be such a huge blessing. I know that if he does have Celiac Disease (which is almost completely positive) that there's going to have to be a huge change in our life, especially with our diet. Samuel can't have gluten. That means if we make a peanut butter sandwich, put the knife in and spread the peanut butter, then put the knife back in the jar once more, he couldn't have that peanut butter because it would have bread crumbs in it, which would have gluten. He can't have rotisserie chicken, because the breading has gluten. And if he does have gluten, he could get very sick, and possibly die.

It's a little freaky, especially thinking about all the food that contains gluten. That's a bit overwhelming. I am so scared for Samuel right now, and I just want him to be okay. It's been a pretty hard past few days. As my mom remarked this morning, "this has been the longest week of my life ever."

If you all could pray for Samuel, and our family, that would be a huge blessing. If you want to read more about it, you can check out my mom's blog. (she's also got a super cute photo of Sam that she snapped in the hospital that will totally melt your heart -- I mean it) Thanks friends.

Much love & many blessings.
--Hannah

No comments :

Post a Comment