Tuesday, January 25, 2011

a few thoughts

In the past week or so, I’ve learned a few things. Because of getting sick and then Sam becoming ill and getting hospitalized, life has been anything but the ordinary since January 17th. My mom is still in the hospital with Sam, and will probably be there until Thursday. I'll try to keep you updated. Please pray for him, and thank you all so much for doing so! We've been so blessed by all of you. During this week there have been a few things that have stuck with me...



It’s okay to cry sometimes.

Playing that game with your three-year old brother who desperately needs attention can be more important than getting the dishes done immediately or trying to cram in some literature.

Necessity is the mother of invention. (otherwise known as, even if there’s not much in the house, you can still find a way to make lunch.)

Our family is blessed. People have prayed for us, picked us up, even bought food for us – I’m very in awe of all that the Lord has done for our family and so grateful for everyone who has helped us out.

Getting up early is a must.

Staying in pajamas makes for an unproductive day. I’ve been trying to get everyone dressed in the morning, from Eli to myself. Which leads to…

Wednesday will now be laundry day.

I Love Lucy is everyone’s favorite show.

The Proverbs 31 Woman has been my role-model. I’ve been thinking of myself as a Proverbs 31 Daughter, especially this past week.

Tomorrow I’m going to wake up earlier.

Phone calls from my mom make the day.

Hearing Sam laugh and talk when he hears us talking to him makes my heart happy. And hurt at the same time.

Leaving your bible in your purse, and leaving that in the car that your mom took down to the hospital on Monday morning is not recommended. Even if it’s accidental.

Tack Bread is a favorite, easy treat. Everyone loves the recipe that my sister and I have come up with.

God is good. All the time. And I will praise Him in the storm.

Taking photos is a good way to breathe.

Even though I’m helping to “hold the fort down” I have to remember to take a few minutes for me.

I miss my mom.

I miss Sam.

I miss math, believe it or not.

Gluten free food tastes pretty good, especially when it’s practically all that’s left in the house.

Hand-washing dishes makes me appreciate when we had a dishwasher.

A beautiful life doesn't need to be packaged perfectly.

“Holding down the fort” makes me realize how much my mom does and makes me even more grateful for her.

I miss normal weeks.

And…

Times like these make me thankful for my family and help me grasp how much I love them.

No comments :

Post a Comment