Monday, September 20, 2010

What really matters?

Life is crazy. I rarely have any moments of downtime. There's always some place to be, or something to do. And there's such a sense of hurry, hurry, hurry. Rush, rush, rush. As if I'm always just a bit behind with everything.

And if I stop for a moment, it'll all come crashing down around me. This isn't right. That's not how God wants me to live. What ever happened to the still, quiet moments? Did they just disappear into the hurry?

Yes. They did.

The moments in the early quiet of the mornings are gone; replaced with other things to do. The time that I should be spending with my Savior is gone--pushed aside as if it doesn't matter.

But it does matter. More than anything else, my relationship with Jesus is the most important. My relationship with my Heavenly Father is something that has to be nurtured, cared for. And I have to spend time listening to Him, seeking Him, and praising Him.

Because my God is good. He is so, indescribably good. But if I push him aside and pray only when I'm afraid or have a favor, then that's not a relationship.

That's not life.

In the hurry of everything, I've lost sight of what is really important. Jesus. Family. Relationships. Real, vivid life. These things matter. And when it comes down to it, will I really remember how many hours I did so-and-so each week, or the times that I stopped to play blocks with Sam and Eli. Or to run outside with Brennan and Caleb. Or to laugh and giggle with my sisters. Or to spend time with my mom, or my dad. Or to take moments to tell my family and friends how much I love them--how much they mean to me. And to spend time with them--growing in faith and living life together. Real and whole. Vividly.

What is important? That's what I need to redefine. And Jesus has to be at the core of it; at the center.

Because lately, I've been losing sight of what matters. And I don't want to live a life where it's rush, rush, rush.

I want to live a life that matters.

And Jesus has to be the main focus. Everything else comes after Him. If that means cutting out some things in my life, so be it. I don't need any extra baggage, or any extra activities, or anything that's keeping me from living my life for my Jesus. I want my life to glorify Him, and I want to be completely sold-out. Nothing in my way.

And I need to change how I'm living my life right now. Because it's not working. The hurry, hurry, hurry is deterring me from living life vividly. It's deterring me from my walk with my Savior. It's deterring me from spending time with my family. It's deterring me.

But not any more.

It's my prayer that I'll seek Jesus earnestly, and that I'll spend time doing what's important. That I won't waste my life--that I won't get caught in the rush, rush, rush. That I'll live with Jesus at the center.

What about you?

No comments :

Post a Comment