Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dear Sam, Happy Birthday.



My sweet brother Samuel turned one yesterday.



Looking at his face, I can't believe that he's so old. I remember when he was little, and had this funny tuft of hair down the middle of his head. There's such a sweet sense of nostalgia when one whispers, "I remember." Because the remembering one thing brings back another, and pretty soon you're drenched in bittersweet memories. Bittersweet, because they are now memories.



Sometimes I still think back to the day where he swallowed a sequin. And I wonder, "what if?" What if? What if the outcome hadn't been good? What if he was gone? So today, and for the rest of my life, I'm praising God that the "what if's" are only that. Praising God for little baby Sammy's life.



These thoughts only make me want to snuggle closer and kiss him. My precious little Sammy boy.



How can you be one already?



Happy Birthday, Sam.



I love you.

No comments :

Post a Comment