Monday, September 27, 2010

Miscellany Monday

1. I have recently fallen in love with I Love Lucy
There's something about the show that's so hilarious! And it's refreshing how clean it is; which isn't surprising, considering it was made in Fifties. Yet clean doesn't mean censored--rather, it's funnier, especially when you think of that's what they watched back then. And here's a fun fact for you--when Lucy was pregnant, there was a large debate over whether or not they could show a pregnant woman on television, or even say the word! They ended up using the word "expecting."

2. Salt melts ice.
If you didn't know that, now you do. I know, we use it on the roads in winter, (at least up North where I live), but seeing it first hand is pretty cool. Take an icecube out and then put a little salt in a small clump on the top. Then watch what happens.

3. Awhile ago, (I think for Miscellany Monday), I wrote that I was giving up cake.
That didn't work out so well.

4. Eli likes to take pictures.
I downloaded the photos from my camera and found that Elijah (that little stinker!) Had gotten ahold of my camera and taken a photo of himself. The result is this blurry shot of this cutie.


5. My Saturday's are gone.
Every Saturday, I'm at the dance studio from 10:30-4:00. From 10:30-11:30, I have pilates, 11:30-1:00, ballet technique, then 1-3, rehearsals for Nutcracker. Then I have to wait for Chloe, (who had a break from 1-2) who has rehearsal from 3-4. Finally, Grace has rehearsal 4-5:30. So yesterday, while she was dancing, Chloe, Mom, Sam and I went to Target.

6. Eli wants a camera.
I just heard my mom talking to Eli upstairs. "Is that Hannah's camera?" She asked. "Yes!" Eli said. This frightens me somewhat. I can't decide if I'm more scared of the thought of him breaking it, or becoming a photography genius. At three.

7. I'm once again going to reference this picture.
Yes. I think I fear the latter in number six.


8. Labor Day Fun.
On Labor Day, my friend Hayley and another friend named Hannah went out to the outlet mall near my house and shopped for a bit. There were some great deals and we had a blast--and ended our shopping experience with lunch at Perkins. Like the brilliant photographer/photo-journalist I am, I documented the entire day. Not. I wish I could say that's how it went, but I've learned that with photography, you're either experiencing the moment, or taking it. I did, however, get this shot of some lights at Perkins--preferably in Bokeh.


9. I was tempted to buy these.
I can't believe I'm putting this photo up. More from our Labor Day fun. I was really tempted to buy these...except for the price. But I think they're kinda cute. Kinda.

10. I need to go write this down.
I will not put embarrassing photos on my blog. I will not put embarrassing photos on my blog. I will not put embarrassing photos on my blog.



11. Oops.
So much for number ten.


Feeling miscellaneous? Go and link up with Carissa!
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

No comments :

Post a Comment