Saturday, September 4, 2010

One last fling.

belleybelleyboo

Friday was the last day of summer in my mind. The last weekday before fall surges in and starts up again. And so we celebrated.

On Wednesday.

belleybelleyboositting

Wednesday was deliciously warm, with a slight breeze and golden, glorious sunshine. My sister Chloe, who'd been asking all summer to bike to Dairy Queen or Culvers--you know, the epitome of a summer--finally was able to. So I hopped on my bike and along with some friends, we biked to Culvers.

ournumber

It wasn't a long trek. It wasn't particularly hard. The only noticeable "bad" thing that happened was when I accidentally jammed into my pedal before we left and got a big gash on my left leg.

I haven't biked for awhile, okay.

myconcrete

We got there and I went crazy--instead of getting my usual Culver's fare of a short raspberry and heath concrete mixer, I got a short raspberry and andes concrete mixer.

Woah. I know.

ohyeah

We sat outside and laughed and talked.

gracesicecream

And ate our icecream. Don't forgot that part.

chloeeating
laughinggraciegirleatingicecream

And it was nice to just sit down and goof off. To let any worries, stresses or frustrations that we had just slide and to enjoy our treat. Icecream has a way of doing that to you. That and chocolate. And coffee. Lets not forget coffee.

icecreamsun

Double take. The sun is actually glinting off the icecream. How's that for some real goodness?

glintingofftheicecream

But then, I, with all of my genius ideas (such as making fudge), said that we should order fries. So we did. But they weren't really what we had expected...

They were huge. Really.

noahfries

(names blurred for privacy reasons)

ohfries

But we devoured them. Four kids and a teenager make for some hungry fry snatchers.

fries
ilovefries
goodnessfries

All in all, it was a very good summer day. A very good last fling.

noahtadah

And now, I'm ready for fall.

graciegirl

Are you celebrating the end of summer/beginning of Autumn at all?

No comments :

Post a Comment