Friday, July 23, 2010

What inspires me.

The lovely Liv--fondly known as Olive Tree--from (of) Horsefeathers is hosting a fun photo challenge: What inspires you? I've been wanting to enter, but I've been so busy that I kept forgetting. So imagine my surprise when I found out that it ended tonight!

I was prepared to show you images dripping with pure whimsy--all showing with my fumbling attempts the glorious beauty everywhere.

But then I got stuck. I'm inspired by so much that I sometimes feel like I'm drowning in it. How can I narrow down everything into two entries? It's an almost impossible task, as it requires one to look deeper into inspiration, and why you're inspired by such and such. The range of what inspires me is so large--from sticky fingers to some fallen petals to a drifting cloud to kiddos in a pool. There's just so much. And I can't choose what inspires me...so I chose two that explain to some degree what I'm inspired by.



Do I really have to explain this photo and it's source of inspiration? There's a depth to it that I hope that I got in some way. Vivid colors. A sunset. Silhouetted. Night sky. Vacation. Family. God's glory. So much beauty out there. And it's all just waiting to be seen.



And then this one. Laughter. Family. Love. I love this guy. I love his excitement and joy in the silliest things. I love his passion for life. It's what I hope to celebrate--real, vivid, and beautiful life. And he has it, baby--even if he's only two.

So those are my "official" entries, but I couldn't resist slipping in a few other, "unofficial" entries, such as...
















What inspires you?

No comments :

Post a Comment