Friday, July 9, 2010

Life's Palette

When you think of color, what comes to mind? Rainbows….sloppily filled in coloring books…the blue sky, green grass, or wildflowers?



All of these are prime examples of visual color, however I believe there’s another way to define color.




Color is a feeling.


When I’m relaxed, I feel a cool blue wash over me. When I see something beautiful, I feel like a lightly rippling lake in the sunset. When I feel that spark of intimacy and adoration as I look at one of my siblings, I see a splash of pure white accompanied by the cheerful colors of wildflowers and butterflies.

The sensation of color can bring inspiration to any situation—Extra passion in our fiery moments, or, contrastingly, ultimate peace in the still moments. It feels so pure and natural to see colors in the vaguest of visions…yet, it proves that there is focus. People crave focus, and it’s refreshing to know that even when we feel free as a bird and lazy as a pillow-cloud on a windless day, life still has vision.






Now, let’s take our visions...
…and turn them into legacies.






No comments :

Post a Comment