Monday, July 5, 2010

Hitting the Road

Hello Everyone! I'm Jozen from Lola's Girl and I am so honoured and excited to be guest posting here while our sweet Hannah takes some much needed time off.

When Hannah told me she was going on vacation, it got me thinking about my childhood summer vacations.

At the start of every summer, my parents would pack up my sisters and I and stuff us all into our family van and hit the road.

We would be gone for the entire summer.


We would leave home (Vancouver, British Columbia Canada) head for the US border and drive down the I-5.

First stop: San Francisco.

We would visit with family, take in the sights and eat clam chowder along Fisherman's Wharf.



After a few weeks, we would pack up the van and hit the road again.

Second stop: Los Angeles

We would visit with family...


Visit the happiest place on Earth.


Lose our lunches on the insane roller coasters at Six Flags


and be mesmerized with Hollywood entertainment at Universal Studios.


After a few weeks, we would pack up the van again and hit the road.

Third and final stop: San Diego

We would eat and visit with family and eat some more and visit more family.


And finally, with the end of summer just around the corner, my parents would pack up the van one last time and we would head back home...

Camping along the way.


We did this summer trip, every summer from the time I could remember until I finished high school.

I didn't realize it at the time, but these annual summer road trips created my fondest childhood memories.

Riding in the back of the van with my sisters playing "punch a buggy" or reading book after book after book.

Warm summer evenings walking around Disneyland or playing card games with my cousins.

Being trusted to go to the mall by ourselves or staying up late and playing Super Mario Brothers on the Nintendo.

Thanks Mom and Dad for giving me all these wonderful childhood summer memories.

No comments :

Post a Comment