Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sweet Little Getaways

I love little getaways.

Whimsical little trips to tucked-away places, excursions dotted with cupcakes and tea, fun memories with loved ones... oh how I wish I was on vacation right now like our lovely Hannah Nicole is!



My name is Dionne, and I write over at the City of Dionne bloglet. While Hannah is away on vacation, I thought I would sweep us all away to a charming little vacation spot.... your own living room.

Sometimes our imagination and creativity can take us on the best holidays, don't you think? Some of us dream of camping and exploring the Great Outdoors, but we don't always have the time to do that. Why not go camping in your very own living room? Who says that only little kidlets can set up a fort in their living room? This year for Valentines Day, instead of going out to a fancy restaurant and staying in a chic hotel, my husbo and I made our own fort in the living room and stayed up late talking all night.



You could go hiking across your house - set up a trail of pillows and make a map to navigate your way across the terrain. Go fishing in your bathtub. Roast marshmallows over the fireplace. Tell scary stories on the front porch. Set up a Tea Party Picnic (with this indoor camping trip you can bring your breakable china!). The possibilities are endless!



What would you do on your Living Room Camping trip?

No comments :

Post a Comment