Tuesday, June 15, 2010

rain-filled and beautiful

Today was one of those lazy busy days, where you're just on the breath of something big, and you should be moving, yet you're just sitting in some small form of stillness, tampered by the knowledge that you shouldn't be just waiting. We're having a garage sale from Wednesday to Thursday, and possibly Friday, so we're getting everything ready for that. Excuse me. I should say she's getting everything ready for that. We're just watching the kids. And by she, I mean supermom. Yup. That would be my mom.

So I played some games with Eli and Caleb, one of which is the infamous Zingos - Bingo with a ZING which they insisted on playing their way...which no one really knows what that is, considering that their way is different every time.




And their way consists somewhat of grabbing the Zingos container so that the other person doesn't get a turn to reveal the new Zingos.



Did I mention that the mosquitoes are out? I must have gotten a billion bites today...all red and itchy and seemingly to expand. It must be because I'm so sweet...or maybe because of these sweets the other day. I don't know where all the little buggers come from...but I do know that I want them gone. There's one perk to winter.



Speaking of mosquitoes, I was viciously attacked by them while I was trying to take some pictures of this.



It doesn't capture the glory and beauty and magnificence of the sunset. The sky was so big and so open and so breathtaking. It was one of those nights where you feel like you're plunked in the middle of a fishbowl, and they hand you a bowl of popcorn and invite you to watch the show. The big, beautiful show where the clouds shift and fly across the sky, and the colors fade in and out in marvelous swoops of vivid beauty. The show that ultimately ends with the quiet dropping of dusk like a blanket and the stars slowly appearing as small, quiet glows. Where the moon is just a small sliver that barely holds its own place in this big, beautiful universe.

The sky might be how it was because of all the rain. It rained and rained and rained today...the rain that swooshes down and just has a parade atop your roof, the road, the grass, and soaks everything in the vicinity. I'm now seeing a fishbowl correlation here...



So what did we do today? We just enjoyed life...life and all of its messy, rainy, mosquitoey pieces. And the night ended with strawberries and whipcream. So it's all good.

(oh, and you'd be happy to know that I just killed a mosquito that stupidly smartly decided to land on my arm. One down, four billion  to go.)

No comments :

Post a Comment