Friday, June 4, 2010

94 and my EPIC (partly 'cuz of you guys) Birthday!

Wondering what the 94 is for? That's how many sweet birthday wishes I got in total (6 comments on the post before the one that my mom wrote, and 88 on that sweet post.). Let me just say...those made my day! Counting those emails and the ones I got from facebook, I got well over a hundred birthday wishes. You guys are the best!

For my birthday I did something different. I went over to grandparents house (dad's parents) and slept over on my birthday eve. It was my dad's late day yesterday (aka, he leaves later for work and comes home later) so I hitched a ride with him to his work, where my grandparents picked me up.

Taken in my dad's car...yeah, it's a little blurry, but the focus is supposed to be on the outside of the mirror. The bumpy ride did nothing to help steady my hands as I held my camera...

I wish I had thought to take out my camera, because for lunch we went into this awesome drive in that's been around since my dad was younger. (eep. How's that for a run on sentence?) It used to be called Wagner's Drive in, but they totally re-did it (because it was a little run down) and now it's Galaxy Drive in...the cool thing is that it's completely 50's style. The retro-ness is awesome. And their food is beyond good. I'm hoping that Guy Fieri will head up here and check it out. Preferably on a day that I'M there...hee hee...;-)

After lunch, I hung out around the house, using my laptop...aka, the laptop with NO internet connection. I couldn't get it to connect with my aunt's router and all. Not enough signal. Which is why I was pretty much completely absent from the computer Wednesday/Thursday.


My aunt (who lives with my grandparents) gets off early on Wednesday's and has the rest of the week off...so she got back to the house around 4. I convinced her that we needed to go get DQ. We walked around a park, devouring our fast-melting ice cream and talking about Biggest Loser. (fave show. <3)

She had brought some books home with her, and I spent the next few hours reading...if you can guess what book it is, you get double the points...Let me just say that it was amazing! :-)


After reading for awhile, we had salmon, corn on the cobs, and green beans for supper. Then my aunt had to take Ava to doggie lessons. (let me tell you. She needs them. A puppy is YIKES.)


Then, when she got back around 8:30, wellll...lets just say I had a strong craving for Leann Chin. So we headed out and got some. Cream cheese puffs, Oyster Wings, Brown Rice, Those funky noodles with the veggies that I can't remember the name of, Peking Chicken, and fortune cookies. Oh, yeah. And one posticker. I felt so bad for the people there though...they were closing and literally locked the door behind us. And they had to make new food just for us because there wasn't any left...just before closing! Eep.

After that, with the tantalizing scent of Leann Chin in the car (I confess, I caved in and ate a cream cheese puff and some noodles), we swung by Blockbuster and picked up a movie. I wanted to get Dear John, but my sister Chloe really wanted to see that, and I knew she'd be...let's just say, mad, if we got it. So we picked up Extrodinary Measures. Pretty good movie. We should've gotten Avatar though. Didn't even think about it.

I went to bed around my usual time though. 12:15 I think is when I conked out...but not before my aunt came to wish me a happy birthday. (she was the first one! ;-))

In the morning, I slept in and ended up waking up at 8. Okay. That's late for me. This never leaves this blog, gotchya?

The view to my grandparent's backyard.

I watched a little TV while trying to wake up, then hurriedly got dressed to get ready for breakfast...of which, I was starved. Wanna see me? First photo courtesy of my aunt. :-)



My grandparents have a tradition where they take all of us kids out for breakfast. The standard restaurant is the Original Pancake house...which is where we went to. I got what I've been getting for the past few years. Strawberry crepes and an egg. Along with a side of sausage links which I so subtly asked my grandpa to get to "share" with me. :-)

The lighting was super poor (hence the reason that the pics aren't watermarked). I ended up eating half of my strawberry crepe. It. Was. Huge. The whipcream alone was bigger than both of my fists. The picture doesn't do it justice...believe me. o.O



After that, we went back and picked up my aunt and headed to the art store to buy some art goodies for my birthday. I got a watercolor sketchpad, a regular sketchbook, some colored pencils (a set of 24...mmm...so lovely.), and a watercolor set. Also, a new wooden mannequin. My little wooden mannequin broke. RIP. He fit right into my purse...not that I ever carried him around. Of course not. Hehehe...

We headed home after that. Oh, I forgot to mention that we stopped by one of the tastiest bakeries ever, Woullets, and picked up some treats for me famiglia. (and a treat for me...hehe...)




The rest of the day passed pretty fast. I got home and left for dance, then we had a mini party with my grandparents/aunt who ended up staying for dinner. All in all, it was a great birthday. And I got a present from my mom that I can't wait to tell you about...in a little bit. Hehehe...it's a surprise!

See you later, friends of mine! And thanks for helping make my day super special. :-)

Oh...and speaking of birthdays, head over to my awesome friend Abigail's blog and wish her a VERY happy 17th! (as a present, you can click that follow button up near the top of her blog...unless you already have, which wouldn't be a surprise, considering that she's who they named "cool" after.)

No comments :

Post a Comment