Monday, May 21, 2012

together again // our song

I'm a singer.

I always have been and always will be. It's one of my biggest passions, one that I've had since I was little. Really, since I could sing, I have. I grew up listening to music like mad and I cannot think of a day that I haven't sung once. I love fast songs, slow songs, sad songs, happy songs, folk songs, rock songs, jazz songs, big band songs, songs songs songs.

I'm not professional by any means, will never be a stylist, can't belt a pop song to save my life, but I love singing. My favorite type of song is the one that is simple, that I can sing just as easily as I can run, one that's as natural as breathing. I gravitate towards acoustic or piano songs, and resonate with simple melodies and soulful sounds.

I have some talented friends who I'm so proud and blessed to call my friends. We get together and play music sometimes, spending a couple hours singing, strumming, and drumming. We laugh a lot and have a good time and write words and make some melodies. And hey, we wrote a song. Though in all actuality, my friend Ryan wrote the song and my friend Seth sang the harmonies. Ryan strums, Seth drums, and we all sing.

We crammed an afternoon of singing in on Saturday, sitting in a practice room letting music resound from the walls. And yesterday, we were blessed with the opportunity to play for Church. This song is written as if it's God speaking, and it's His heart for His people and His Church. Our hope is that it would be a blessing and our hearts are that it would be all for His glory.

So, to end rambling words, here's Together Again.

No comments :

Post a Comment