Saturday, May 12, 2012

dear mom,


Dear Mom,

I've started this several times, and each time I begin, I start over. Usually, words don't trouble me, but trying to write something that really and wholly expresses my thoughts is so much harder than I could imagine. Mothers Day is tomorrow and I want to write something for you, but I'm left floundering, fishing for words that fail me.

So, I guess I'll just say, thank you.

Thank you for every hug.
Thank you for every card game.
Thank you for every meal.
Thank you for every time you've laughed with me.
Thank you for every time you've cried with me.
Thank you for every time you'd danced and smiled and talked with me.
Thank you for all the coffee dates, late movie nights, and moose tracks icecream weekends.
Thank you for driving me to ballet, to the doctors, to friends houses, to Church, to home, to grandparents, to the store, to places.
Thank you for always being there.
Thank you for loving Jesus and helping me do the same.
Thank you for singing at the piano with me.
Thank you for teaching me piano.
Thank you for giving me a love of music.
Thank you for teaching me the value of work.
Thank you for showing me what it means to be a mom.
Thank you for giggling with me.
Thank you for homeschooling me.
Thank you for helping me pursue my gifts and encouraging me to work hard and do what I love.
Thank you for listening and talking and praying for me.
Thank you for buying sweet, silly, and small gifts for me.
Thank you for going out of your way to do things for us.
Thank you for giving me opportunities.
Thank you for sitting with me at the hospital and telling me it will be okay.
Thank you for showing me the value of family.
Thank you for instilling a love of learning in me.
Thank you for being silly, goofy, and fun.
Thank you for being serious.
Thank you for sacrificing so much for all of us.
Thank you for going to see the midnight premiere of The Hunger Games with us.
Thank you for fighting for your family.
Thank you for loving dad and all of us kiddos.
Thank you for pushing me hard and helping me stand when I fall.
Thank you for believing in me.
Thank you for being authentic.
Thank you for finding joy in the hard things.
Thank you for all the stories and prayers.
Thank you for showing me what really matters.
Thank you for having family traditions that you've passed down.
Thank you for taking pictures with me.
Thank you for who you are.
And mostly...

Thank you for being my mom.

I love you so much. Happy Mothers day, Momma!

Love,
Hannah.

No comments :

Post a Comment