Friday, November 30, 2012

my dear friend emily is graduating and I took her senior photos.


Sometimes, I don't know where to start with a story. There's so much to say, that if I tried to write it all, I would end up with pages of it and it would still be unfinished.

This is Emily. She's going to Liberty College in the fall and I can't believe that she's going to be all the way in Virginia. I'm incredibly excited for her and proud of her, but know that I'll miss her very much. Distance is like holes in my favorite jeans for a girl who loves coffee dates and the long conversations that follow them. Keurig coffee over Skype isn't the same as several hours at Starbucks, with strands of conversations humming in the background, the smell of coffee thick in the air, and the wonderful beauty of talking face to face with a friend.

It's weird growing up. I've known Emily for four or five years, but like so many friendships, it feels as if it's been forever. I remember talking about finally being old enough to be in the teen youth group and how exciting that was...and now the end of high school is looming ahead in the distance. It's both exciting and somewhat melancholy. While one season of life is closing, another is opening. And there's beauty in that in the same way that there's beauty in the last few fall days before the first snow.

Emily is one of those people who is full of life. She is a joy to be around, she has a heart for the Lord and His people, and she is one of the most humble, sweet, fun, and genuine person I know. She's the sort of friend who will buy you a coffee and sit and listen to your heart, someone who you can be open and honest with, who will cry with you and pray for you. And she is funny, bold, and loves people and invests in them and their lives.

So, my dear sweet friend Emily, thank you for being you. Thank you for your joyful heart, your exuberance, your laughter. Thank you for your prayers, your strength, and your wisdom. Thank you for laughing with me, crying with me, and walking through life with me. You are a true friend and I am so blessed to have you. And I still laugh every time I think about ordering in Panera.

We caught the last fall day and took Emily's senior photos (the first part that is...second half coming in the spring) and it was wonderful. Happy weekend. :)




































No comments :

Post a Comment