Friday, April 6, 2012

The Chocolate Bunny Saga



When my dad was a kid (think four or so), one Easter, he and his older sister Laura both got chocolate bunnies. Now, these were the real deal -- big, rich, and oh-so-chocolatey. As is often the case with little boys, he made short work of his Easter bunny and promptly devoured it. Laura, on the other hand, took a tiny bite and put it away in the freezer in the basement.


In the next few weeks, Laura would venture downstairs and eat some of her bunny, tearing off small bites each time. My dad, who had no Easter candy left, finally got to thinking that he'd like some more chocolate. So, everytime Laura would go downstairs to nibble some of her bunny, he would go down after and eat some too.


It was a great system! He would end up with just a little chocolate and no one would be the wiser. Pretty soon, the bunny was all but gone. The only thing left were the feet. One day, Laura ventured down to the basement saying, "I think I want to have some of my bunny...I haven't had any since Easter." My dad froze. Laura came upstairs, puzzled. "Well, I can only find your bunny, Todd -- only the feet are left. But where's mine?" To which my dad answered, "Uh, that is your bunny."


We discovered our chocolate Easter bunny was missing ears...and soon found the culprit. Four year old Elijah. A chocolate love must run in the family, and that easy to snap, easy to share must be just a little too easy. Oh, well. It got eaten and we had a chance to relieve the infamous bunny story. We even laughed a little (a lot) about it. And that's what really matters. Besides...look at that cute face! His smile gets me everrry time.

Happy Friday! xo

No comments :

Post a Comment