Monday, July 18, 2011

love note tree.

My mom is gone all week on vacation with some of her closest friends. She left around three in the morning on Sunday and we've been missing her something fierce.
lovenotetree
lovenotetree
I wanted to make something with the boys for her and decided originally to create cards. After going through our craft shelves, I recalled this lovely project by Miss Emily Rose, and decided to attempt to make one for our mom.
lovenotetree
lovenotetree
Gathering what sticks we had in the yard (and there truly was next to nothing), I put them in a mason jar and tied them together with a blue ribbon. After assembling the various items needed for the love note tree, I folded colored construction paper in half and cut out leaves, that when opened, became hearts.
lovenotetree
lovenotetree
We all decorated our leaves and wrote little notes to my mom. Then I tied a ribbon through a hole I had punched previously at the top of each leaf and simply looped that onto a branch. Our love note tree.
lovenotetree
lovenotetree

my leaf
It's sitting in our kitchen now, waiting for my mom. A little tree of hearts; small love notes waiting to be read. Sticky with glue, punched with stars, and decorated with buttons -- scribbled words written by little hands.
lovenotetree
lovenotetree

What's your favorite project to do when you're missing someone?

Loads of love,
Hannah

No comments :

Post a Comment