Saturday, July 9, 2011

in less than a year...

...I'll be here.
woodland
But for now, now I'm home.
woodland
It's hard to believe that this morning I was trekking along the muddy ground, walking the path from my grandparent's cabin to my own. Or that simply hours ago, I stood on the dock under a slate gray sky; I can still feel the water on my fingertips, the harsh wind whooshing by, the smell of the world after it rains.
woodland
I miss it. At the beginning of the week, I wrote in my journal that going to Woodland was almost like coming home. And it is. This was my sixteenth year and even though it's just ended, I'm so excited for next year. For another chapter to my story.
woodland
Less than three hundred and sixty five days until I'm back. Feeling doused in memories like lake water splashing something fierce. And now, off to unpack and journal and breathe in the reality that I'm home. Joyful and sad at the same time. And that's okay.
woodland
Indescribably grateful for the week. Blessed.
woodland
So much more to share with you, so many thoughts and ideas, dreams and plans that seemed spun out of sand, built into castles on the shore. Many more pictures to post and tales to tell, but for now, sitting and soaking it all in.

Loads of love,
Hannah

No comments :

Post a Comment