Wednesday, July 6, 2011

late night thoughts at woodland

woodland
I'm sitting in my grandparent's cabin right now, lying on the big orange comforter in their bedroom. The windows with the white paint are open and I can hear the distant hum of boats, slicing through waves. The water laps at the shore and smoke from bonfires just beginning, fills the air.

And I sit here. There is a sweet serenity in listening to the lake's roar, the sound of the birds chirping, the whooshing way the wind blows through pine trees laden heavy with needles. Blessed stillness. Beautiful peace.

The rest of the family is fishing but I was tired so I decided to stay back at the cabin tonight. From out the windows, I can see the first soft tints of the grey sky being touched with flame, sun setting and clouds turning orange and purple, light filling shadows with warm hues.

Woodland always gives me a new perspective. The emphasis on family, the simplicity and sweetness of life, the feeling of fellowship with one another throughout everything. Be it through washing dishes by hand, swimming to the raft, fishing from the docks, or laughing in the early morning while eating breakfast.

More than anything, it makes me realize that this is what life is supposed to be like -- uncluttered, filled with family, days spent living to the full. Breath by breath, throughout whatever may come.

this is real life.

I'm so grateful.

Talk to you all in a few days.
Loads of love,
Hannah

No comments :

Post a Comment