Tuesday, July 26, 2011

homemade fudgesicles and messy faces

We've been enjoying some summer lovelies lately. With August approaching fast, along with whispers of back-to-school sales and the end of summer, each and everyday becomes more fleeting and precious. For now, I'm just breathing and enjoying the month we have left. And what a glorious month it's going to be! With a ballet intensive, some possible trip plans, and a meetup with Kiley, August is something that I'm looking forward to.
sammy
That being said, some of my favorite memories from this summer...
sammy
...are these ones.
sammy
My sister Chloe (our in-house cook and chef extraordinaire) decided to make a homemade fudgesicle. Without a recipe. Using only her imagination (and a good amount of knowing how to cook), she took it upon herself to craft the perfect chocolatey treat for a hot day. Or really, for any day. Because who doesn't like delicious fudge goodness on a stick? (or a spoon in our case)
sammy
With just icecream, vanilla, cocoa powder, and a secret ingredient she won't share, her recipe remains a mystery even to me. I can only guess at her measurements...but I'm definitely not left at a loss regarding the flavor. The icecream treat was one of the best things we've had all summer.
sammy
Sam seems to agree. Especially considering he ate about half of the fudgesicle.
sammy
But really...who can resist that cute chocolatey face?
sammy
Not me.
sammy
Have a favorite summer treat? I'd love to hear about it!

Loads of love,
Hannah

No comments :

Post a Comment