Friday, October 26, 2012

tasting the sky on your tongue.

I love snow.

I love how the littles first thoughts are to catch some on their tongues.

I love the way fat flakes fall.

I love how everything feels cozy and wonderful and cheery when you're inside and it's snowing.

And I love that in Minnesota, we have early snow days every year.

While everyone is still singing autumn's praises, sipping pumpkin spice lattes, and having bonfires or harvest parties...we've slipped into the beginning of winter, clutching our peppermint mochas and pulling on scarves and mittens. And I love it. Maybe it comes from being Minnesotan, but I've always loved winter. The air so clear, it crackles when you breath it, the contrast of colors and how everything tastes sweeter and smells richer come wintertime, the way the world looks when covered in white.

Yesterday, we had our first snow. It didn't last, because the ground wasn't cold enough, but it will be back. But we pulled on jackets and found hats left unpacked from last year and celebrated it regardless. Here are a few photos from our first snow day. In October. Happiest of Fridays, friends.





















































































No comments :

Post a Comment