Wednesday, September 26, 2012

samuel turned three and played captain america in the backyard.

Birthdays are always a big deal, but Samuel's is even more special. On his birthday, the reality that we are so very blessed hits home so much deeper and more poignantly than ever before. A year and a half ago, I watched a happy, healthy boy, become sicker and sicker. It was undoubtedly the hardest time of my life, because we didn't know what was wrong. After his diagnosis with Celiac Disease, we adopted a gluten free lifestyle and I watched a sick boy get healthier and healthier, and stop surviving to start thriving. They were some of the most difficult and yet, most defining months of my life. I prayed for Sam constantly.

Today, he is healthy and joyful and silly and sweet and serious and smart and full of life and we love him very much. Dear sweet Samuel, I am so blessed to be your sister and am filled with unspeakable joy to have celebrated another birthday with you. I love you, my little Captain. These are some photos that we will pull out one year, maybe at your graduation or wedding, and will remember the little three year old Sam with his Captain America shirt, shield, and helmet.
























No comments :

Post a Comment