Wednesday, September 5, 2012

olivia // portraits

Sometimes, when you meet people, you feel instantly comfortable. Like you've known them your whole life and can swap life stories as easily as a pair of heels. I'm a size eight, you're a size seven, but I can squeeze. Your lives couldn't be more different, yet more similar, and you can switch from laughing over something as silly as embarrassing stories, to cry over some serious hurts and life changes. They're the kind of people who get you, the real you, and love you for who they are, while pushing you to be better.

Olivia is one of those people. We've been friends for a few years in the blogging world but became real life friends at Jessica's Summer Adventure Internship. Early monday afternoon, we picked her up at the airport with a homemade sign welcoming her and hugged and laughed and sang in the backseat. The whole week was spent that way. Tuesday afternoon, we floated on tubes in the lazy river and spilled stories like glasses of milk, except these weren't the kind you cried over. I can't remember laughing so hard in my life.

The very last day, Madeline, Olivia, and I stood in the airport with our suitcases in hand, wearing a slight sunburn, and feeling excited and nostalgic and sad and happy all at once. My flight left a few hours before Madeline's and Olivia's departed, and it was one of the hardest things to say goodbye to them. We snapped one more phone picture, hugged and said goodbye, and I watched them head to their separate terminals to wait. The best thing about blogging is meeting people from all over. The worst thing about blogging is meeting people from all over. Having to say goodbye to two of my best friends and not knowing when you'll see them next, except over fuzzy Skype calls with funky audio is hard.

That's when I love having pictures to remember. We took some portraits Monday night and I wish all ten of us girls at the internship could back and do it all over again. Olivia, I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again. Come visit me in Minnesota? I'll buy y'all a baeg and we'll drink our Caribou coffee and laugh about inside jokes like what y'all are sending me for Christmas.

So, to cut a ramble short, some portraits of one of my best friends. Enjoy. :)








































No comments :

Post a Comment