Friday, February 3, 2012

snow days.
























We had a snow day last week and it felt like winter had finally arrived. Snow dropped thickly on the cold ground at dizzying speeds. The mitten box was pulled out, and hats were pulled on, snow pants pulled up, and I think we even pulled out a face mask. The littles ran outside and made snowforts, attempted a snowball fight with snow that clustered in powdery waves, and generally put made footprints all over the backyard. I went outside and looked stylish with a plastic target bag over my camera (can you say, high class?) and snapped photos. It was cold, but not too cold, with just enough bite to make you ready for some hot chocolate when you came inside, but not too much that you couldn't feel your fingers. As much as I'm ready for spring, these winter days are slowly growing on me. What can I say? I guess I'm a Minnesotan girl at heart.

No comments :

Post a Comment