Friday, January 20, 2012

unite my heart.

More and more, I've been seeing the Lord work in my life and in my heart. He's showing me all the areas of my life that I have yet to surrender -- that I'm still clinging to with my hands gripping tight. It's a hard thing to see where you fall short. I struggle with my pride, so being less than the woman I want to be is a hard thing to come to grips with. But in my weakness, He is perfect strength. Not He will be, or if you're good enough, He will be, but He IS perfect strength. It's not about us and what we can do. It's all about Him.

"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. "Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God." - Romans 5:1-2
I was reading this verse this morning on my phone, moments after I woke up, and I had to reread it again and again. I bookmarked it with a huge AMENNN and whispered it into the morning, because it's so good. As I read the Bible more, the more I fall in love with the words in it. With His words.

I look at my relationship with Christ and think, "I can't do this. I'm not good enough, strong enough, smart enough, loving enough...I'm not enough!" And that's the point. I can't do this myself. Because of sin, I cannot live a life that is pleasing to God. BUT, in my weakness He is perfect strength. It's His spirit, moving in me, that changes me and enables me to do what I cannot do. He gives me strength, purpose, passion, and a wholeness that is Him. I am a sinner, but He calls me daughter. It's not about what I can do, but it's about what He has done and what He is doing. He's changing lives and making broken hearts new...praise Him from the rooftops!

One of my favorite passages, 2 Corinthians 3:18, talks about how as we walk with God, we become more like Him. From one degree of glory to the next, we are transformed more and more into His image. How cool is that?! By living with Him, we become more like Him. Our love deepens, our hearts opens, and our faces shine, transfigured by His glory. Through Him, we're free to live this whole-hearted grace-filled life. By faith, we can enter into this wildly extravagant life-gift that Christ provides.

Psalm 86:11-13 is my verse for 2012, and I love how The Message translation puts part of verse eleven: "Put me together, one heart and mind; then, undivided, I'll worship in joyful fear." That's what I want for my heart. It's my prayer this year that I'll be a woman who loves, gives, and lives extravagantly, with a heart that is united to fear His name. Whole, because of Him. One woman passionately and purposefully living out this extravagant grace-filled life-gift that He provides, walking with Him from one degree of glory to the next. In my weakness, He is perfect strength.

Not just any strength. Perfect strength.
Teach me your way, O LORD,
that I may walk in your truth;
unite my heart to fear your name.
I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart,
and I will glorify your name forever.
For great is your steadfast love toward me;
you have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.
Psalm 86:11-13

No comments :

Post a Comment