Monday, January 23, 2012

the many faces of eli








The other day at lunch, 'Lijah showed us all of his faces. He demonstrated them in the middle of eating a sandwich stuffed with luncheon meats and veggies while talking to Sam and grabbing a few more chips. "Okay, now, what's your...mad face?" I asked. He crinkled his nose and bared his teeth and glared at me from under his conductor hat. "Show me your excited face?" His scowl transformed into a grin that made me laugh.

One of my favorite things about being the oldest is watching the littles grow up. Hearing their stories, listening to them play piano (chopsticks never sounded so good), reading them books, and tickling them until we can't stop laughing. I love their knock-knock jokes (Eli's are all variations on the same theme), mismatched socks, sticky kisses, messy faces, and giggles. Mostly, I love them. Everyday that passes I'm reminded of how blessed I am to be their big sister.

No comments :

Post a Comment