Monday, January 2, 2012

fernweh.


It all began with an email.

That's how everything almost always starts. With something small and seemingly inconsequential. It's the culmination of little things into something bigger. Like how one snowflake leads to another and soon the world is covered in white. In our case, it was an idea. An idea that six people across the globe had been dreaming about and finally decided to do something about it.

For almost three months, we scrambled. Inspiration flooded my inbox in the form of email upon email, and I daresay I never went a day without a new one. We were just six girls, all with the same convictions, determined to take an idea from conception to completion. We worked hard. Hours spent poring over articles, design, photographing for the final product, drafting, branding, building, and doing. We released the site yesterday. And I'm beyond excited to show it to you.

Fernweh is an online magazine dedicated to celebrating the simple life. A collection of thoughts, photos, tips, tutorials, and poetry, Fernweh hopes to serve as inspiration for a life made lovely. Read our manifesto for more about the name and more about our magazine. There are so many talented people working on this, and I feel blessed to be a part of it. I'm ridiculously excited about this project and cannot wait to see where this takes us.

Libby, Katie, Carlotta, Abbey, Kendall -- I'm beyond glad that we're a team. I love you all so much and am so excited for this year. I have a feeling 2012 is going to be epic, in every sense of the word.

Go take a look at Fernweh, follow along, and let us know what you think!

So grateful. Happy Monday! xo

No comments :

Post a Comment