Saturday, March 26, 2011

I am...intentional.

Penned in my Bible, scrawled in red capital letters by Psalm 139 are the words, "I am not an accident."

I am not an accident.

I am intentional. The well-known verses of Psalm 139:13-14 hold such powerful truth, yet in hearing it time and time again, do we just gloss over it? These are life-changing verses and yet do we dig deeper? Do I dig deeper? Is that how I'm living life? On the surface? Like an accident?

I am not an accident. I am intentional.

My mission is to live fully alive and wholly for Him on this wild land we call earth, amidst unbelievers, scoffers and haters. And to love. I'm created intentionally to love. To live vivid.

"Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well."(Psalm 139:14b)

My soul doesn't just know it -- it knows it very well. Wonderful are your works. His works. If I am His work, then I am wonderful. Beautiful.

Intentional.

My whole being and person was created intricately by God -- my soul declares the wonder of His works. I am wonderfully made; my soul knows it well.

Not just well. Very well.

I am...intentional.

With all intentionality, there is a purpose. All of life is intended for a purpose. To live for Him, fully alive, wholly in love, and completely trusting. Intentionally living. Using our gifts and talents. Creating. We create because He creates. And the Lord creates intentionally.

I am not an accident.

I am intentional.

I am fearfully set apart -- wonderfully made and chosen by my God, for my God. A child of the Everlasting and a lover of Jesus. One small person on this vast land that I'm passing through. Part of a holy race -- a chosen generation. To be set apart is to be the farthest thing from an accident. To be set apart is to be declared by God to be His own.

Chosen.
Intentional.
Wonderful are your works, O God.
My soul knows it well.

Very well.

Open my eyes to the eternal. I need not new material things, but a new heart. Lord, fill my eyes with you.

No comments :

Post a Comment