Monday, March 28, 2011

Fly


fly
fly
fly
Swooshing, swinging, touching the sky,
Wind whispering ripping cries,
Clinking chains, hands gripped tight,
Hair filling and flowing by,
Dropping -- whoosh -- intake of breath,
Soaring high, blue sky melds,
Brushing the sun, eyes closed tight,
Hair rippling in wind, breeze grasped soft,
Curled hands unclasp, breath held quick,
Leaving seat and earth behind,
One more swing, once more swift,
Releasing grip on what's below,
Breaking face up towards sky,
Quickly, swiftly, going high and low,
Let go fast and
Fly.

A little more poetry to start off the week. Definitely more of a freeverse poem with no distinct rhyme scheme, rhythm, or whatnot. That's how I like to write them though. While I sometimes enjoy crafting a poem that's in a set form, I usually feel that it's too constraining. I prefer to let my words flow in wild ways and unconstrained sound.

On another note, how's your Monday going so far? Mine is proving to be busy, but good. Hoping to get a lot accomplished today -- wish me luck. ;) Blessings on your week, sweet friends!

( much ) love.
Hannah

No comments :

Post a Comment