Monday, December 5, 2011

sammy boy.







When I was littler than two, I had a tweety bird doll with a tuft of yellow hair on top of its head that never ceased to make me laugh. My family tells me about how whenever I saw that silly bird and his wisp of of hair, I burst out laughing and couldn't stop. We still have the doll, and for some reason, whenever I look at it, I can't help but to smile. Maybe it's just because its something that I loved, and when you love something, it tends to stick with you...even if it's a tweety doll. It's the memories not the things that tend to take up room in your heart.

Several things make Sam smile. The color orange. Anything John Deere. And penguins -- or as he calls them, "pengies." My mom found his penguin jammies at Target and he wore them for a couple days (little kids have that kind of luxury). We showed them to him and he laughed and said, "me wear!" Then he promptly proceeded to point at the only patches of orange on the shirt.

Like I said. The color orange, anything John Deere, and penguins. I love this kid.

No comments :

Post a Comment