Tuesday, May 10, 2011

rediscovery.

Lately I feel perhaps constrained by my blog. Unsure of what to say. Lacking the words to voice my thoughts. You see...when I first started blogging, it was for the sake of having a blog. However, through the past few years, I've really come to enjoy and love this arena -- this world of blogging. I love the fact that I can write about what's on my heart. I love being able to share bits and pieces of my life. I love having this creative outlet. And I love this community of friends. I've cried, laughed, prayed, been silly and then downright serious, rambled, photographed my family to the point of bribery (chocolate is a favorite in our house), and enjoyed these years of blogging.

More than ever, I'm realizing that I have a voice. I have something to say. The Lord has blessed me with an opportunity to speak. But too often, I'm afraid to write. Because what if it's not good enough? Or what if it's too silly? Or what if it's not what people want to hear?

This isn't however, about writing to please people. It's writing because I love writing -- because I love being able to plunk myself down on the couch and tap a few keys to create something. It's writing because something is on my heart; writing because I have a story to share; writing because I have photos that I love; writing because it's a journey. A journal.

I will not allow myself to be defined by fears and what-ifs. The keyboard is my pen, posts my pages. Ink seeps through the screen in form of pixels and words swirl in thoughts, past pictures and through bits of dreams. Scattered across the site.

I'm going through a season of growth in my life, and part of that includes my blog. Rediscovery. Pruning, snipping, growing, blossoming, blooming. My blog is not meant to be a site plastered with tepid posts and silly phrases. It's about life -- real, vivid, whole life. And I intend to celebrate it.

Join me, friends?

Loads of love,
Hannah

No comments :

Post a Comment