Monday, May 16, 2011

Collaboration # 4 - Wonder

Wonder
Top - Hannah Nicole.
Bottom - Abigail Grace

Little Boy Blue
Little boy blue with your eyes so wide,
come and stay awhile, come and stay awhile,
little boy blue with your hair so fair,
come and dream awhile, dream if you dare,
I wonder what you're thinking,
little boy of mine,
dreaming of what could be,
dreaming dreams so fine,
but you'll always be my little boy,
little boy blue,
eyes full of wonder,
dreaming like you do,
little boy, little boy blue,
precious, wonder child,
I love you.
As soon as I began writing this post, I thought of a short song I had written for Samuel awhile ago. The song is basically saying that even though he'll grow up, I'll still remember my little boy; my sweet Samuel. I love how when you're really little, you still remember to dream -- to wonder. You can see it in their eyes; you know that in the midst of all the growing up, they're still dreaming. Perhaps it's not that as we grow older, we stop dreaming, but it's that we forget what it was like to wonder without worry. Instead of dreaming about childlike whims, we dream of more whole, real things. It's not a bad thing, but just a part of growing up.

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?" - George Bernard Shaw


I took a video with my web cam this morning, so my voice isn't warmed up, per se. ;) Have a wonderful and blessed Monday, friends! Make sure to head over to Abigail's blog and read her words on Wonder -- and remember to wish her a lovely Monday, as well!

Loads of love,
Hannah

No comments :

Post a Comment