Friday, April 15, 2011

And so I write.

I've missed blogging this past week. Though lately, my posts have become more and more sporadic, there's something freeing about sitting down and writing. I've always loved writing; ever since I was little, stringing words together to create something has excited me. And blogging gives me the arena to say what I need to say; gives me room to write what's on my heart. Writing is a God-given passion and I'm grateful for the gift of this little online journal of mine.

There are many things I've been pondering lately. I'm in a new season of life and there are countless changes and choices coming up. Decisions and new paths that are necessary, yet hard. Because while change can be good, it's still tinged with melancholy. There's that sense of remembering what is gone and wishing for it, even though the future holds brighter promise than the past could have contained.

Something that's been really pressing upon my heart lately is mission photography. Photography is something that I love and in the past, I've contemplated perhaps doing engagements or weddings. However, there's that small stirring that's whispering of something else. My photography now is like a visual journal -- my life, day by day, moments captured and celebrated. And mission photography recently has been something that's constantly going through my head. It's something that I would love to be blessed with an opportunity for.

My life lately hasn't been prioritized. My relationship with my Savior has been lacking and pushed to the side. I've fallen into the trap of putting God in the corner and pulling Him out when "I need Him." That's a terrible lie that I don't ever want to succumb to again -- I need Him always. Perhaps more in the good times than in the bad, because in times of prosperity and peace, we're tempted to believe that we don't need Him because "we can handle it."

I'm working on several changes in my life right now; managing my time better, being one of them. I lose time like leftover change, and unlike those bright pennies, time that's been wasted can't be found again. It's gone, forever. And in my life, I've been coming the conclusion more and more that I need to work on how I spend my time. I long to be diligent, intentional, and authentic. Yet sometimes I view change as something that will just happen, and Bam! There's a new me.

Change, however, is usually a gradual process; an incline that gets steeper along the journey and sometimes, you don't think that you'll ever reach the top. I was not created to live complacently, lethargically, and apathetically. I am to live intentional, because I was created intentional. Filled with the fullness of God.

With Him, I'll always keep growing. I was foreknown by my Savior and predestined to be conformed into the image of His Son. (Romans 8:29) But it's not a one time thing; not a spontaneous and instantaneous action that immediately transforms you. All that I can do is take my life as it is, a blessing, a day at a time and gradually grow into the woman of Christ that I was created to be. I choose to live intentional.

I fail. I flounder, fake, and fall down. We put ourselves into places from our sin that are far from Him. Yet He is always there, and no matter what, He is good. It's a choice to everyday live for Him. A life lived for Him isn't easy but it's the best kind of life there could be.

I deeply desire to live a life that's meaningful -- one that matters. A defined life is one that is lived for the Lord. That's a life that I want to live. That's a life I'm going to live. There's no more, "I'll do this tomorrow." Or putting it aside. I only have today and I will not let this gift of now fall by the wayside.

I have one life to live for Him. And I'm going to live it.

Love,
Hannah

(I was deeply blessed by your comments and prayers -- thank you all so much for your friendship)

No comments :

Post a Comment