Sunday, April 10, 2011

a refresher.

I've been contemplating taking a break lately. I almost took unofficial leave from my blog -- a sabbatical. A time to refresh and by refreshed. And after talking about it, praying a bit, as well as pondering it, I've decided to take a short break -- just a few days or so for a breather. However, when verbalizing my thoughts to my mom, she vociferated a wonderful point that resonated with me.

"If you feel like you need to take a break, then take it. But I think that blogging is good for you -- it helps you to see life through a different lens. Shows you the beauty in the everyday. And allows you to write what's on your heart."

I've been feeling apathetic and complacent in my walk with Christ, as well as my life, lately. This time of the year is crowded with activities, school, and preparation for the summer that's looming on the horizon. Moments of peace, quiet, and reflection are lost in the hurry, hurry, rush, rush.

And blogging, along with many other things, has been pushed to the sidelines.

One of the other reasons that I pondered taking a leave from blogging was because I feel like my blog has lost its focus. The lens that I was looking through has gotten so smudged that I can't make out what I'm seeing in the viewfinder. I'm hoping that through my break, that lens will be completely wiped clean. Sparkling glass -- a mirror to reflect Christ.

In the end, that's what I aspire for my blog to be. In everything, that it would point back to Christ. That the entirety of it and the focus would be to glorify my Savior.

So I'm taking a little refresher and will be back soon. Deeply grateful and blessed by all of you, and am thankful for your friendship. This little journal of mine has blossomed and flourished and it wouldn't be where it is right now without you. So thank you.

Love,
Hannah

No comments :

Post a Comment