Monday, July 23, 2012

summer adventure // texas recap

"We sat in the backseat and laughed and danced and listened to colbie callait and it sounded like summer itself. The squeak of flip-flops on the tile floor in the lobby, contrasted against the click clack of heels, and shooting photos in the dappled light of the indoor gardens are memories stuck in my mind. the way we clustered in tired heaps all over the hotel room, the dim glow of our laptops illuminating our faces as we laughed at the silliest things, because everything is funny that late at night, pointing out images we liked from the sessions. lunch at chipotle and lemons in our drinks and shooting images on hot days and evenings and looking around thinking, “i can’t remember being so happy."
- from my tumblr

Last week at this time, I was sitting next to some of my best friends online turned best friends in real life, scarfing down a salad and sipping lemon water. I flew into Texas on Saturday and from then on until Thursday night, my days were jammed pack and full of so much fun, depth, and laughter. Not to mention a ton of great food -- I think I ate at half of Texas' restaurants by the time we were done. I was crazy blessed (seriously, as I flew into Texas, I was pinching myself) to attend Jessica's Summer Adventure at the gorgeous Gaylord Hotel in Grapevine. Not only was I able to learn from her, but I was also able to meet some sweet friends I've known for ages, and also get to know other lovely photographer friends. I flew out a few days early to shoot her engagement, and got to meet her boy (more on those two later :), and every night, we had a shoot, so I have oodles and oodles to share with you, but for now, here are just a few photos from my Texas adventure. :)
































My wonderful best-friends-forever fellow photographers and interns + past interns + our fabulous and sweet mentor (photo by her)! :)
from left to right: Jessica, Allix, Anna, Olivia, Hannah, Madeline, Chelsea, Me, Madi, Julianna, Lauren, and Rachel
Love and miss y'all (see! Texas is rubbing off on me ;) so much. Reunion next year? I think yes. :)

Much love,
h

No comments :

Post a Comment