Friday, July 27, 2012

life as of late (july)



Wednesday, my aunt and I walked around downtown all day, perusing the stores and stopping at a delicious Italian restaurant for lunch. Early that morning, we stopped at YoYo Donuts to pick up breakfast, justifying the sweets for morning fare because of eating a boiled egg before leaving. In the case of sugar, there seems to always be an excuse to be found, which is fine by me. We split the Maple Bacon Long John and the Key Lime Custard filled donuts and sat by the window, breathing in the smell of crackly sugar and roasted coffee. Needless to say, it was wonderful.

Yesterday, we scattered around the house in summer-tired clusters, the slow but steady itch for new adventures on all of us. There were memories in the air and the slap of cards at the table reminded me of Woodland. We played games and had ice cream with berries for dessert, because it's summer and sometimes there's nothing sweeter than sliced strawberries atop vanilla scattered with sweet raspberries and round blueberries. It was a nice change and a fun treat for the busy week.

I'm slowly sorting through photos from the past month and getting them ready to post. There are several shoots that I'm honestly incredibly excited to share with you, and some personal images that resonate deeply with me. For now, a snippet of my week and a little on what's going to come.

on the web, lately...
allix b. photography - hannah nicole :: portraits
jessica shae - summer adventure recap

No comments :

Post a Comment