Monday, June 18, 2012

summer list, 2012


june instagrams
It's time for summer lists! They've become a yearly thing (see 2010 & 2011 here) and I love writing them. Scribbling notes of what I want to do each summer helps to solidify my plans and dreams and bring them to fruition...not to mention it's enjoyable to verbalize them. This summer is chock-full of a ridiculous amount of exciting and fun things, so my list this year is definitely reflecting that. It's like writing down a giant to-do list and getting to cross each and every item off! And they're not like, "clean the bathroom. finish the history paper. respond to emails." They're actually things you're excited to complete.

My list this year is a lot simpler and more list-like than previous years, which is completely fine with me. I'm in the process of cutting back a lot regarding media, and I'm trying to simplify my life, so I've been finding my words have been echoing that lately. (which is completely fine by me, as a simple life is pretty close to my heart)

Go to Woodland (12 days!)
Bike to Dairy Queen
Stay up late watching Chick Flicks with Chloe
Go on a photo adventure
Have a picnic
Spend a few days camping
Make a summer playlist
Cook something new
Play card games with my family until we go crazy
Paint my nails (still in the process of growing them out)
Start and complete a summer project (summer book?)
Get freckly :)
Take my sisters out for coffee
Treat my brothers to icecream
Have a water fight
Cover an entire sidewalk with chalk
Buy my fishing license ("old" enough for this now ;))
Learn to fishtail
Work in mom's garden or grampa's garden
Go to a fair
Travel (TX in July!)
Go roadtrippin' somewhere
Wake up early and start my day in prayer and the Word
Be media free for a week (or weekend)
Go summer shopping!
Do some more personal shoots
Read twenty-five books (random number, just because ;))
Finish fifteen poems
Start sketching again
Chill out
Have more random jam sessions with Ry & Seth
Take pictures of both of my grandparents homes
Go swimming in lakes, pools, oceans (crossing my fingers for that last one :))
Go through my closet + stuff and get rid of old junk
Watch more sunrises and sunsets
Eat icees
and completely cliche but totally true...

live out every day like it's my last

(fully, wholly, deeply, intentionally, passionately, purposefully, and truly)

what's on your summer list?

No comments :

Post a Comment