Monday, March 19, 2012

Hannah Nicole


I've got this dream that is becoming a reality. God is opening so many doors and has blessed so many opportunities, that I'm overwhelmed (and incredibly humbled) at where I'm going, and how. I don't have some story about how I've been snapping photos since I was three, but I do know that photography is where my heart is. Even more than that, I know deeper than earth that it's what I was meant to do.

I remember vividly while taking Tom and Camila's engagement photos how I felt. I stood there and was overwhelmed at how right it was -- like I had finally discovered what I was made to do. To try to make a cliche phrase less trite, it was as if I was slipping into my own skin and embracing who I truly am. There was a surety, a sense of rediscovery, and an uncontrollable excitement. Even more than that, there was joy. Even now, as I write this, I remember how alive I felt. I'm going to be all cheesy and say it through a quote, because it sums it up almost perfectly:
"Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman
That's how it was for me! It was exhilarating and exciting and joy-filled and crazy and nerve-wracking (in a good way!) and beautiful (okay, getting sappy here, but gotta say it) all at once. I knew at that very moment that I was where I was supposed to be. I had just barely dipped my toes into the world of photography and after that, was ready to cannonball in (because I've never been able to dive, and hey, it's more fun to make a big splash). Since then, I've been praying and journaling and drafting and shooting and designing and branding and preparing like crazy.

Where does this leave me? Semi-longish-kinda-short story even shorter, I'm launching my business (my baby!) and am ready to begin. What I'm trying to say, through my fumbling words and run-on sentences, is that I love where I'm at, I love where I'm going, and I'm finally calling myself a photographer. For real. :)

Sooo...I'm asking if you'll take a moment and like Hannah Nicole on facebook, and maybe share it with your friends. I would be blessed and grateful!

More coming soon! For now, just a little of my story and the beginning of this next season. To say I'm excited would be putting it mildly. :)

xo and all that jazz --
Hannah

No comments :

Post a Comment