Saturday, March 3, 2012

afternoon.









afternoon.
light spills across
the threshold of the
house (the home)
and dapples the
wood, dizzy
flowers grow slow
on windows waiting for
spring, while tea
kettles whistle hellos,
as laughter rings right now
and i breathe in the smell
of here.
Hannah Nicole
Two o'clock light and shadows. Moments from Friday. Trying to put what I've been ruminating on into words. This past week I've been dwelling on a many things -- plans and hopes for this summer; dreams and, simultaneously, actions; photography and art; faith; life; what I want to do with my life; what I want to do in the next hour; where I want to go; how I want to abide; who I am.

I'm swiftly entering into this next season of life, and I'm beyond excited. God has opened so many doors, blessed so many opportunities, and given me a good push when I'm clinging to the doorstep, afraid to move. The last few months have been challenging, defining, exciting, eye-opening months that have shaped who I am and where I am right now. It's simultaneously scary and exhilarating all at once, and I wouldn't trade a minute of it.

So for now, scattered thoughts, scattered shots, and scattered words. Here and now, who I am, what I'm learning, and where I'm going.

No comments :

Post a Comment