Tuesday, October 18, 2011

treasure.

it's in the quiet moments,
when I sit with my bible in my
hands, clutching the words that are so full
of Your truth.
I long to be like you, O God!
Let me love you more,
when words fail and my hands grow weak, my
head heavy like autumn leaves falling,
and heart heavier
breath Your life into me,
let me be filled with you,
filled with wonder --
You Alone are good!
all these thoughts run through my head,
as the light fills the room softly
and I read Your Word,
breathing it In,
and letting it sink in, not through
my skin, but instead into my mind,
write your truth on my
heart.


This past month has been extremely eye-opening and life-changing for me. While it's been busy and filled with some exciting things, the impact has been hitting home in my heart. I've been really thinking about Luke 12:34, "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." Where is my treasure? Where do I place the most value in my life? There's so much truth in that verse that I sometimes feel like I gloss over. It's deeper than just how I spend my time. It's an integral part of my thinking -- it's where my heart is at. We are called to guard our hearts, because from them flow the springs of life (Proverbs 4:23). If my heart is found in treasures that are things of this world, then I am not guarding it.

I am committing to guarding my heart in all areas of life and looking to Jesus as my only treasure. I want so badly to live an intentional, radical life for my King. Not just living an image -- I don't want to be like Christians, I want to be like Christ. And to be like Him, I need to know Him.

To know Christ and to be called His own; to be saved by His blood...I cannot think of a better gift. I am chosen, loved, and redeemed because of my King. This truth should shape every decision I make, because there is no love greater than the love of Christ. That is why my heart should sing and my spirit rejoice -- why I am free!

My treasure is Jesus.

No comments :

Post a Comment