Sunday, October 2, 2011

happy october!

Bonfires crackling with their smoke
as the smell of autumn hangs
heavy in the air, leaves fall lazily,
and are picked up by whooshing breezes,
singing their symphony of autumn,
the sun sets the world
on fire, and I walk the fields
trying to put memory to the
beauty blazing around me, pressing
leaves to my face as they
crinkle, smelling the musky
scent of fall, while I run across the burnished
plains, and they crunch under my feet,
like thousands of waves of
crimson, gold, and coppery pumpkin;
letting this moment be a
fingerprint on today -- oh!
let me always remember what
it's like to feel this alive.
hannah nicole
A little poetry to start off October. This is one of of my favorite months -- September is almost too warm and November is nearing the chill of winter. October is the in-between and chock full of autumn glory. It's so beautiful outside right now. The leaves are shifting and flashing colors in reddish shades and the weather is the perfect mix of warm and cold. This is my favorite time of year...and it's just getting started.

ps. last call for sponsors! email me if you're interested. I'm a little late in putting them up, but you'll see all their lovely faces soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment