Tuesday, September 20, 2011

tuesday night thoughts

[14/365] "Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart."
Lately, God has been showing me that His plans are always better than mine. There have been so many choices that I've had to make and life decisions I have to figure out. I've been stressed out with everything -- work, school, ballet -- and have been living in a state of overwhelm.

I think that so often, especially for me, I focus more on the problems (and the fear) instead of leaning on God. Instead of completely relying on Him, I try to "fix" it myself. I've been learning more and more that the Lord has a perfect plan for me and my life...and I just have to be willing to take that step. He has plans for good and not ill, and I just need to trust Him. He doesn't promise that this life won't be hard, but He does promise to give peace during the storm. He promises to be there in the midst of the hardship.

It's such craziness that I can't even speak. We have such a wonderful God! Despite everything I've done, He loves me. His love isn't earthly and flawed, but eternal and perfect. He wants to have a relationship with me. I am chosen, redeemed, and loved by the creator of the universe. Feeling rather overwhelmed with the Lord's goodness right now. I fail and mess up time and time over, yet He's always good. How blessed we are to have a God who loves us despite our actions. His love makes me want to love Him more and more.

That's a good kind of overwhelm to have.

Sorry for the lack of words lately...my computer got hacked/infected with a nasty virus and it's been getting fixed since Fri/Sat. So I'm using a teeny tiny netbook and looking forward to when I can upload my photos and get my laptop back!

No comments :

Post a Comment