Monday, February 7, 2011

a few rambles

1. I am currently loving Jane Austen. Her novels are some of the most amazing pieces of literature that I have ever encountered. When I was younger (i. e., eleven) I said that I liked Jane Austen, when in reality, I couldn't stand her writing -- I thought it was dry, dull, and uneventful. But I recently had to read Emma for school and was swept away by Austen's masterful writing. To copy my facebook status...
Emma was a masterpiece but Persuasion even more so. I'm so excited to finish the book and see how Austen wraps it all up with her signature grace and eloquence. After completing the novel, it's onto Pride and Prejudice again, then Sense and Sensibility. Following that is Mansfield Park and Northanger Abbey. I'm feeling very immersed in Jane Austen and Nineteenth Century England at the moment...and loving it. ;-)
After finishing Emma, I started on Persuasion which is what I'm reading now. Her books are some of the most romantic I've ever read, the characters are real and extremely true to live, and the storylines are absolutely brilliant. I love Jane Austen -- what incredible novels she wrote! And I'm lucky to have a beautiful (and obviously thick) volume of all of her novels, all in one. :-)

2. I have oodles of photos just sitting around, waiting to be edited. Or at least resized. And I'm pretty sure that half of them are of little Samuel (you can keep updated on his health on my mom's blog). Photos like this...

samswithhisglutenfreespaghetti
samcrazyhair
samadorable


3. A Wordpess Move? I have been seriously contemplating making a move to wordpress. It's been something that I've been itching to do for awhile, but I didn't want to suddenly pack up and leave you all hanging! What are your thoughts vs. wordpess/blogger?

4. Did I mention that my mom got a Ninja Master Prep Professional for her birthday? It crushes, blends and chops. We've already had a blueberry spinach smoothie (hey! it's good!) and some tomato guacamole. So good. And you thought I was kidding...

5. "We're busy, busy, dreadfully busy..." I thought I'd share my schedule for this week...
Which reminds me, I've gotta get back to my school work. I'm leaving for ballet at 3:30 today, so I've got a bit to get done before then.

myscheduleforthisweek

Talk to you all later, friends! Make sure to head over to lowercase letters and link up your miscellany! I know that Carissa will make y'all smile. :-)
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters


Much Love & Many Blessings.
Hannah

No comments :

Post a Comment